WHEELS DRIVE TOUR TO CHANDIPUR
Organised by: ‘Kolkata on WHEELS’
Contact numbers: 9830370371, 9051331138, 033-24559200
Introduction: With an aim to promote motoring in Eastern India, 'Kolkata on WHEELS', the city-centric motoring magazine for the car owners of Kolkata has been organising monthly drive tours for its members. Enjoyable weekend destinations are being explored through these drive tours with an aim to promote the pleasure of driving and practically inculcate the driving safety norms among the motorists. 'Team WHEELS'- the veterans of 'Kolkata on WHEELS', leads the motoring convoys on these long drives with its 'Pilot Vehicle' showing the way, 'Marshal Vehicle' guiding the route directions and the 'Service Crew' taking care of the technical snags during the drive.
Destinations: Chandipur, Orissa
Date: 22 - 23 April 2017
Distance from Kolkata: 260 km
Driving time: 5 hours approximately
Accommodation: Panthaniwas, OTDC
NO. OF ROOMS
4 bed Non AC – 8 rooms / 2-bed Non AC – 6 rooms
AC Std – 6 rooms / AC Delux – 3 rooms / AC Suite - 12
PARTICIPATION FEE (on twin sharing basis)
4-bed Non AC @ Rs 2800 per head
2 bed Non AC @ Rs 2900 per head
AC Standard @ Rs 3200 per head
AC Delux @ Rs 3600 per head
AC Suite @ Rs 4100 per head
3rd head in room without extra cot @ 2600 per head
3rd head in room with extra cot @ 2900 per head
Child below 5 years @ Rs 300 per head
Child between 6 – 12 years @ Rs 1200
Note: Car fuel, toll taxes, refreshments inside room and other incidental expenses such as entry tickets etc., if any, have to be borne by the participants.
DAY 1 - Saturday 22 April 2017
7.00 a.m. – Reporting & Participants’ Briefing
7.30 a.m. – Drive to Chandipur begins
9.30 a.m. – Halt for breakfast
1.30 p.m. – Reach Chandipur / Lunch / Free time
5.00 p.m. – Sightseeing
7.30 p.m. – Fellowship
9.30 p.m. – Dinner
DAY 2 - Sunday 23 April 2017
8.00 a.m. – Breakfast
9.00 a.m. – Free time
12.00 p.m. – Check out hotel
12.30 pm – Lunch
1.30 p.m. – Return drive begins
4.00 p.m. – Halt for tea
6.30 p.m. – Reach Kolkata
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. An Entrant to this event has to be an Annual or Life Member of 'Kolkata on WHEELS' magazine. The membership must be valid as on the date of the event.
2. Entries to the event are limited and accepted on first-come-first basis.
3. The driving experience of the driver who would drive the vehicle must be more than 5 years (as per driving license). The registered driver for the drive tour cannot change hands during the drive.
4. The vehicle must be road worthy for long drive. To ensure the road-worthiness, the Entrant must thoroughly check-up his vehicle from a Service Centre before the event.
5. Life WHEELERS have to wear the black WHEELERS T-shirt during the drive.
6. Participants will have to follow the itinerary/programme. For any deviation from the set programme, approval prior to the entry to the event has to be sought from the Organizer or Team Leader of the event, or else, would not be permitted.
7. Driver's driving license and all documents required for the vehicle should be valid during the event and must be carried in the vehicle during the drive tour.
8. Organiser’s and sponsors' stickers will be put on the Entrant's vehicle at specified positions which have to be retained throughout the tour.
9. During the drive, all vehicles will move in a convoy according to its number between the 'Pilot Vehicle' in front and the 'Service Crew' at the end, with the roaming 'Marshal Vehicle' showing the route.
10. During the drive, the participants will have to abide by the instructions of Team WHEELS.
11. Traffic rules, regulations and driving safety norms must be adhered to during the drive.
12. If at any point of time the driver is found to be unfit to drive, s/he may be barred to drive and/or may be replaced by a substitute driver.
13. The cost of repair, replacement of spare parts and vehicle towing, if required for a vehicle during the drive, has to be borne by the Entrant.
14. Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited 4 hours before or during the drive. If the Entrant or occupants of a vehicle is found to be intoxicated, s/he or they will be immediately dropped from the event.
15. Physical problems of participants, if any, during the drive, will be attended by the Medical Incharge. However, for cases beyond control, it has to be referred to hospitals at cost of the participant.
16. The Organiser bears no liability for:
i. Any vehicle/participant of the event facing any legal consequence for violation of any law, order, rule and regulation.
ii. Any accident/untoward incident by an Entrant/participant or any third party during the entire event.
iii. A participant not having the meal within the specified time as given in the 'Programme'.
17. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Team Leader of the event will be final and binding upon all participants.
18. No refund will be made for any absence or cancellation of entry by an Entrant at any point of time.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to reject or cancel an entry to this event at any point of time without assigning any reason thereof.
1. I declare that the driver has more than 5 years of experience in driving and is competent to drive in this event.
2. I also declare that the vehicle to be used in the event is suitably road-worthy for the event.
3. Under the Laws of India, any accident out of which a claim may arise should be reported to the nearest Police Station by me.
4. I have read the Terms and Conditions issued for this event and agree to be bound by them. In consideration of the acceptance of the entry to this drive tour, I agree to save harmless and keep indemnified the Government of India and the Government of West Bengal, the Organiser and their officials, Sponsors, Partners, agents, representatives, employees and all persons assisting them in this event and all owners and tenants of properties used in this event from and against all accidents, actions, claims, costs, expenses and demands in respect of death or injury to myself or any other person or persons or loss or damage to any property, if any or otherwise howsoever and not withstanding that the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of the Organiser, Sponsors, Partners and their officials, agents, representatives, employees and any or all persons associated with them in this event.This indemnity shall be binding upon me, all occupants of my vehicle, my/their heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives.